Dental Checkups & Cleanings – Washington, PA
Lifelong Oral Health Maintenance is Important
Are you scheduling at least two professional checkups and cleanings with a trusted dental team every calendar year? If not, our team at Bartusiak Dental Care strongly encourages you to do so. Even good brushers and flossers can fall victim to oral health problems that may go unnoticed in their earliest stages, and our dentists can potentially help you avoid serious damage and sunk cost down the road by catching these concerns as early as possible. Don’t hesitate to contact us in Washington, PA to schedule a visit!
Why Choose Bartusiak Dental Care for Checkups & Cleanings?
- Takes Many More Hours Than the Required Continuing Education With a Total 2500 Hours Accumulated
- Periodontal Screenings, Oral Cancer Screenings & More
- All-Digital X-Rays for Low Radiation Exposure
Here is what you can expect at your exam:
- Diagnostic X-rays: Used to determine tooth and root position as well as to detect decay, cysts, tumors or bone loss.
- Gum disease evaluation: The gums and bone around your teeth will be evaluated for signs of periodontal disease.
- Exam for tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be examined using special dental instruments to check for signs of decay.
- Exam of all previous restorations: Previous fillings, crowns, etc. will be checked to ensure they are still strong and functional.
- Oral cancer screening: A thorough examination of the face, neck, lips, throat, tongue, and gums will be done to check for any signs of oral cancer.
In addition to an exam, your regular appointments will include a professional cleaning performed by one of our talented dental hygienists. Using special instruments, the hygienist will remove any tartar build-up. Tartar is plaque that has hardened and become firmly attached to the tooth. This can only be removed by a professional using special dental instruments. The hygienist will also remove any plaque and polish your teeth for that squeaky-clean smile!