Dental Implant Dentures – Washington, PA
A Complete, Strong, & Beautiful Set of Teeth
If you’ve lost numerous teeth, we know you can feel frustrated, and for many people, a traditional partial or full denture only adds to that frustration – slipping and sliding at the worst possible times and needing to be regularly refitted. At Bartusiak Dental Care of Washington of Washington, PA, our team is here to take all the stress and frustration of advanced tooth loss off your shoulders and put the smile back on your face. We offer innovative implant dentures. This treatment option replaces both the tooth root and crown to leave you with a close-to-natural end result that you’ll be proud to share. If you want to learn more about dental implant dentures in Washington, PA, contact our dental implant dentist for a consultation. We’ll help you recreate a beautiful, long-lasting smile.
Why Choose Bartusiak Dental Care of Washington for Dental Implant Dentures?
- State-of-the-Art Dental Implant Placement & Restoration in One Convenient Dental Office
- Highly Experienced & Compassionate Team of Dentists
- Experience the Latest in Digital Technology
What Are Dental Implant Dentures?
An implant denture combines the advantages of dental implants with dentures to give you the best of both worlds. Dental implants are tiny prosthetic tooth roots that are surgically placed in the jawbone. Paired with dentures, they provide a sturdy, stable, strong, and lifelike full smile replacement. Rooted in the jaw, they don’t slip or slide like traditional dentures, allowing you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Depending on your specific needs, Dr. Bartusiak may recommend one of these two types of implant dentures:
Fixed/Permanent Dental Implant Dentures
Sometimes called a “hybrid prosthesis,” fixed implant dentures are designed to stay firmly in place – they can only be removed by a dentist. Typically, we will strategically place 4 to 6 dental implants in the jaw to permanently support a full denture. Many patients prefer this option because it allows them to forget they even have a prosthetic smile, but it does require more jawbone density.
Removable Dental Implant Dentures
Removeable implant dentures are also known as “Snap-On dentures.” This option utilizes dental implants in Washington that are firmly rooted in the jaw, however they use clips (bar-retained) or ball sockets (ball-retained) so patients can remove them when necessary. While this type of implant denture does require removal for cleaning each day, it only needs between 2 and 5 implants for support.
The Dental Implant Denture Procedure
Dr. Bartusiak proudly offers dental implant placement and restoration all at the same convenient location. First, you’ll visit our dental office for a dental implant consultation where Dr. Bartusiak will examine your mouth and review your medical history. You may need preliminary treatments like bone grafting or gum disease therapy. Once your mouth is prepared, Dr. Bartusiak will place your dental implants. This is followed by a healing period called osseointegration that takes around 3 to 6 months. Next, abutments are placed, and your final denture is created. Dr. Bartusiak will mount your denture on top of the implants for a stable set of teeth. While this is a more involved process, the unique advantages are well worth it.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implant Dentures?
Most adults who have good oral and overall health are candidates for implant dentures, especially those who have been struggling with a traditional prosthesis. Dr. Bartusiak will discuss your specific needs and smile goals during a consultation before making the best recommendation for you. Usually, candidates must have good enough overall health to undergo minor surgery without issues like gum disease or tooth decay. There also must be sufficient jawbone for the placement of dental implants. In some cases, we are able to provide bone grafting to help you prepare for implant dentures in Washington.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
We recommend implant placement for a variety of benefits to your oral health and overall wellbeing. Some of the benefits that are most important include:
- Self-supporting – Traditional dentures rely on healthy teeth and oral structures for support. Overtime, this can lead to additional dental damage and further tooth loss in some cases. Dental implant posts function like tooth roots, so the denture is fully self-supporting.
- Long-lasting – Removable dentures need to be replaced every five to ten years to allow for a comfortable and functional fit. Implant dentures have a 95% success rate after 10 years, and many people keep their implant-retained dentures for the rest of their lives.
- Natural-looking and feeling – Your implant will remain firmly in place as you speak, chew, and smile, so you can have complete confidence in every personal or professional interaction. In fact, 34% of denture-wearers say their prosthetic smile limits their ability to live life to the fullest, which makes implants an amazing solution.
- Stability – Traditional dentures restore about 20% of natural chewing ability. An implant-retained denture will restore 70% or more of your natural chewing ability, allowing you to consume all of your favorite foods without fear of slipping, sliding dentures.