Tooth-Colored Fillings – Washington, PA
We Repair Cavities Seamlessly
Older patients likely remember the days when silver-colored amalgam fillings were the service of choice for correcting dental damage caused by cavities – in fact, you may still have a few in your smile! While this service was reliable enough, it did have some significant pitfalls. Teeth were likely to weaken over time because of the amalgam addition, and temperature-related sensitivity was also a serious problem – not to mention the cosmetic sacrifices involved.
At Bartusiak Dental Care, our dentists are happy to now offer a much-improved alternative: tooth-colored fillings. Tooth-colored fillings are made from composite resin, which is a modern, flexible material that comes in a wide variety of lifelike shades. These shades can be precisely matched to your tooth enamel, resulting in a new “addition” that virtually disappears into your confident look. Contact our Washington, PA dental office today if you’d like to learn more about tooth-colored fillings, or if you’re ready to schedule a first appointment.
Why Choose Bartusiak Dental Care for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Tooth-Colored Composite Resin for Aesthetic Value
- Reduced Oral Sensitivity
- All Ages Welcome
How Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Placed?
In most cases, the placement of a new, tooth-colored filling will only require one appointment of the patient’s time. After numbing the patient’s mouth, we’ll take the time to remove the decayed portions of the tooth while leaving as much healthy structure in place as possible. Then, after a thorough cleansing, the composite resin material will be sculpted into place, precisely shaped, and polished so that it feels smooth against the tongue. As a result, the tooth regains its original shape and ability to function!
What are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Like the name implies, patients won’t have to worry about hiding a new, dark-colored spot in their smile following treatment. In fact, it’s likely that no one will even notice you’ve had a cavity filled at all.
- Composite resin directly bonds with the tooth enamel, allowing for a smaller, more conservative filling that strengthens the natural structure.
- Because there’s no metals in the filling, patients won’t have to worry about struggling with noticeable sensitivity when eating hot or cold foods.
- With proper oral hygiene and professional maintenance, tooth-colored fillings should last for 10-15 years or longer.